Apple Raspberry Crumble
Fruit crumble is an absolute classic that is much loved by all. Whether you like a simple, unadulterated approach to your fruit crumble, or prefer to jazz it up with special ingredients, fruit crumble continues to be a crowd-pleaser.
In this take on fruit crumble by @shannons.plate, you'll taste the combination and familiarity of stewed apples, but with the added tang from a generous helping of raspberries.
The topping is made from Clean Mixes Choc Raspberry Mix and is a brilliant compliment to the fruity filling. Clean Mixes Choc Raspberry Mix is full of the goodness and flavour of nuts, freeze dried raspberries and organic cacao and it contains absolutely NOTHING artificial.
It also happens to be gluten-free, diary-free and free of refined sugars. If ever there was a delicious dessert that ticks all the boxes for wholefood and plant-based, this is it!
You'll never find strange numbers or additives in Clean Mixes products. At Clean Mixes, we believe in wholefoods :)
This is a gorgeous dessert that will satisfy even the harshest critics. Perfect for a mid-winter treat and made with only wholefood ingredients, this dessert is an absolute winner. Enjoy! xx
- 2 apples
- 2 cups frozen or fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp oat flour or flour of choice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 - 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 packet Choc Raspberry Clean Mixes mix
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Peel the skin off your apples and roughly chop them. Add the chopped apples to a pan/pot with a dash of water and cook until softened down (partly stewing them). This will take around 5 minutes.
- Add your apples and raspberries to a baking dish and coat in the oat flour, lemon juice, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Set this aside.
- Now make your crumble. Add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup to the chocolate raspberry mix and mix well. Crumble this on top of your apple and berry base.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot with yoghurt, cream or ice cream and enjoy!