Caramelised Pear Brownie
This is a family classic that will go down an absolute treat, especially in these chilly autumnal evenings. This recipe has been made vegan by the use of flax meal as an egg substitute. Great for those who prefer their treats vegan!
This lovely recipe is courtesy of Kelsi Boocock of @healthykelsii.
- 1 packet of the Clean Mixes Rich Chocolate Baking Mix
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 green pears
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Prepare your brownie tin by lining with baking paper.
- Sprinkle the coconut sugar on the bottom of your brownie tin (this will caramelise the pears).
- Thinly slice the pears and place at the bottom of your brownie tin on top of the sugar.
- Add the flax meal to the water and set aside until it absorbs the liquid (it should almost be a paste consistency.)
- In a large bowl add the flax egg, melted coconut oil and almond milk and stir through.
- Add the Rich Chocolate Baking Mix and stir until combined.
- Cook at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Once the brownie has cooked remove from the oven and leave aside to cool. Serve with coconut yoghurt while still warm. Enjoy!