Choc Apricot Cookies
These little beauties are a bit fancy! Perfect for an afternoon tea or dessert, served with whipped coconut yoghurt (or whipped cream if you're that way inclined). They look impressive and taste amazing with the richness of the chocolate 'cookies' offset by the tart taste of the apricot filling. These also have the benefit of being free of refined sugars and low in sugar overall so they offer a a wonderful dessert or treat option for those watching their sugar intake. They're also gluten free and dairy free. Oh yeah!!
Recipe inspired by Deliciously Raw
- 1 x pack Clean Mixes Rich Chocolate Baking Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup almond milk (can use which ever milk you prefer)
- 1 red apple peeled and cubed
- 1T lemon juice
- 1 c dried apricots, softened in hot water for 10 mins
- 1/2 c boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spices
- 1T psyllium
- Pecans for decorating (approx 15)
1. Make Rich Chocolate Baking Mix according to instructions on packet. Cook in a brownie tray (instead of cake tin), for approximately 10 - 15 mins depending on depth of your tray. Ensure it is cooked through by inserting a wooden skewer into the middle.
2. To make filing, blend all filling ingredients apart from psyllium until smooth. This will take around 5 mins. Scrape down the sides to ensure a smooth consistency. Add psyllium and blend until combined.
3. Allow brownie to cool completely. Use a small round cookie cutter to cut out rounds.
4. Spoon a heaped teaspoon of filling onto a 'cookie' and top with another 'cookie'. Smooth around the edges with a knife.
5. Top with pecans and a slice of apricot. Enjoy!!