This wonderful recipe incorporates the goodness of chickpeas! Chickpeas are an excellent source of fibre and they add a gorgeous gooey texture to this blondie too.
Recipe by Shannon Hiles (@shannons.plate)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup almond or peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Clean Mixes Choc Chip mix
- 1 tsp baking power
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a blender or food processor add all of your wet ingredients (chickpeas, maple syrup, almond butter and vanilla extract) and blend until everything is combined.
- Once your wet mixture is blended, using a spoon mix in the Clean Mixes Choc Chip Mix, baking powder and salt. Mix until everything is combined
- Transfer this mixture to a lined loaf tin or baking tray and pat down tightly. Use your leftover Clean Mixes mix to pour on top of your blondie.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes. Once cooked, allow it to sit in the tin for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a cooling wire. Store in the fridge and enjoy!