If you love nut butters as much as we do, you're going to love this new recipe by the @tasty.twinss.
You can use what ever nut butter you fancy, in this case cashew butter was used, but pretty much any nut butter would work here (OK, maybe not the chill-infused nut butters!).
These nut butter cups bring together some truly delicious flavours - Clean Mixes Choc Chip on the base, together with the satisfying texture of nut butter, topped with some good quality dark chocolate.....sounds pretty good doesn't it?
Nut butter cups are an awesome sweet treat when you want something that will truly satisfy your sweet tooth. They have all the goodness of nuts which keep you fueled and feeling full for longer. And of course they are free of refined sugars and gluten-free too.
And another thing we really love about this recipe....it's so easy! This is a truly fail-safe recipe and the results are exceptionally delicious.
Chocolate Chip Nut Butter Cups
- Make up the Clean Mixes Chocolate Chip instructed on the packet.
- Line a muffin tray with baking paper or grease with oil, then pat 1-2 Tbsps of the mixture into each compartment of the tray - these form the base of your cups.
- Allow to set in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup of your favourite nut butter (we used cashew butter), 2 Tbsp maple syrup and 3 Tbsp of melted coconut oil.
- Add a layer of this mixture onto the set cup bases, and set for 1 hour.
- Melt 1/2 cup dark chocolate and pour on top of your nut butter cups, then set in the freezer for 1 more hour.
- Dig in!