Did someone say Snickers? We've got something waaaay better than a Snickers, try this incredible Snickers Slice! It will absolutely satisfy your cravings and will deliver superior nutrition compared to the candy bar version. It's also gluten-free, dairy-free and free of refined sugars. Recipe is courtesy of @shannons.plate.
- 1 pack of Clean Mixes Chocolate Chip Mix
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 10 medjool dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- Begin by making your base. Mix the Chocolate Chip mix with the melted coconut oil and rice malt syrup. Mix well and press into a lined tray. Place this in the fridge.
- Now make your filling. Add your soaked dates along with the peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a blender. Blend until smooth. Spread this on top of your choc chip base.
- Press your peanuts onto the top of your date caramel and place in the freezer for 10 to 20 minutes. Take out and cut into small bars.
- Melt your chocolate and cover your bars in it. Place back in the freezer until completely set. Keep stored in the fridge or freezer and enjoy!