This gorgeous creation provides a raw, wholefood alternative to traditional hot cross buns. With the same lovely cinnamon and nutmeg flavours, this hot cross bun slice is a delightful and unique was to satisfy your Easter cravings!
The recipe was originally developed using Clean Mixes Cacao Crunch Ball Mix as a base. Cacao Crunch has now been discontinued so we've played around using different Clean Mixes flavours as the base. We can confirm, it works beautifully with Clean Mixes Chocolate Chip Ball Mix.
This Easter, whip up a batch of this hot cross bun slice for something extra special!
- 1 packet of Clean Mixes Chocolate Chip Ball Mix
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp sweetner (we like rice malt syrup)
Hot Cross Bun Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- Optional: 1/2 cup raisins
- 50g dark chocolate, melted
- Follow the instructions on the back of the Clean Mixes Chocolate Chip Mix pack and press into a dish to create the base of the slice. Put in the freezer.
- Add all of your hot cross bun filling ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Spread out evenly on top of the base and place back in the freezer for around 30 minutes.
- Once the slice is firm, cut into squares. Melt your chocolate and drizzle on top of the squares to create a chocolate cross. Place back in the freezer for another 30 minutes. Enjoy!!
This recipe was created by Shannon Hailes @shannons.health on Insta.