It's no coincidence we're posting this recipe on Father's Day, we think most Dad's would LOVE these filled muffins. Why not whip up a batch for Dad? If he's lucky, there might even be one or two left over for treats during the week!
Recipe is by Emily & Sophie Martin (aka @tasty.twinsss)
Peanut Butter Caramel Filled Chocolate Muffins
- Make up the Rich Chocolate Baking Mix as instructed on the packet.
- Fill 10-12 muffin tins with 1-2 tablespoons of mixture.
- Bake in oven for 12-20 minutes or until cooked through, then leave to cool.
- To make the peanut butter caramel, combine 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of your milk of choice (we used almond), 1 tsp coconut oil and a dash of vanilla essence.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, use a knife to cut out a hole about 2-3 cm deep in the top of each cupcake.
- FIll holes with peanut butter caramel.
- To make the icing, combine 3/4 cup melted dark chocolate and 3/4 cup coconut milk. Pipe icing onto each cupcake.
- Store in fridge or dig right in!