For the muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup almond milk
For the coconut icing:
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Anything you like! Such as chocolate, cacao nibs, raisins, nuts, seeds or buckwheat!
- Place coconut cream in the fridge overnight (for this recipe to work you must ensure that the can has not been tipped or shaken as the coconut cream won’t separate in the fridge overnight)
- For the muffins, follow the instructions on the back of the packet and allow to cool completely
- Place a bowl in the fridge for half an hour to chill
- For the coconut cream, the cream should have separated and will be firm on the top. Scoop the hard coconut cream into your chilled bowl, leaving the liquid in the can, and add in vanilla extract and maple syrup
- Using an electric whisk, whisk coconut cream for around 1-2 minutes until a cream has formed
- Scoop cream into an icing bag or plastic bag (and cut the corner of it to allow for the cream to come out) and squeeze cream onto cooled muffins. Decorate however you like and enjoy! Keep stored in the fridge as the icing will melt.
This recipe was created by Shannon Hailes @shannons.plate