Choc Mint Cookies
Mint Thins, Mint Slice, Mint Treats......just some of the mainstream mint chocolate biscuits you'll find in the supermarket. If you love a good minty chocolatey biscuit, but don't want all the processed crap and sugar, then you'll fall in love with this recipe.
Our Mint Choc Cookies are full of wholesome ingredients like ground nuts, pure dark mint chocolate chips and organic cacao. They're also gluten free, dairy free and free of refined sugars so you can enjoy these treats without compromising your healthy eating goals.
Did you know that one serve of Griffins Mint Treat Biscuits has a whopping 15.3g sugar?!! That's just over three teaspoons of sugar in just TWO BISCUITS. Wow.
In contrast, Clean Mixes After Dinner Mint Bliss Balls contain just 3g sugar per bliss ball serve, that's less then 1 teaspoon! The sugar in our mixes is always un-refined too which means you get trace minerals and fibre from that sugar (albeit in small quantities).
These utterly delicious and nutritious Choc Mint Cookies are a win-win - not only will they satisfy your need to a minty chocolatey treat, they're also a whole lot healthier than a regular choc mint biscuit.
Recipe contributed by @shannons.plate on Insta.
We made 10 serves with this recipe but you can adjust the size of the cookies to smaller or larger as you prefer.
- 1 packet Clean Mixes After Dinner Mint Mix
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 60g dark chocolate
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together your Clean Mixes After Dinner Mint Mix, melted coconut oil and rice malt syrup.
- Roll the mixture into balls and flatten on the baking tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the cookies are done, allow them to cool. While the cookies are cooling, melt your dark chocolate. Mix the peppermint extract in once melted. Drizzle on top of the cookies.
- Keep stored in an airtight container and enjoy!