Decadence meets elegance in this gorgeous Fig and Salted Caramel Torte by Sopheak Seng (@stylish_foodie on Insta). Did we mention it's also gluten-free, dairy-free and free of refined sugars?!! This one's sure to impress your loved ones.
1 packet Clean Mixes Salted Caramel
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 Tbsp date syrup
1/3 cup coconut desiccated
1 ½ cup cashew nuts (soaked overnight or 40 mins in hot water)
1/3 cup date syrup
1/2 cup coconut milk
3 figs destemmed
1 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp vanilla paste
2 cups Coconut milk
½ cup Coconut sugar
1 tsp Coconut oil
1 tsp Vanilla extract
½ tsp Himalayan salt pink
1/2 block Bennetto dark chocolate
Fresh as berry powders
Maldon Finishing Salt
- Mix Cleanmixes packet along with coconut in a bowl along with other base ingredients. Mix to form base which should be combined but still sandy.
- Grease two mini cake tins (12cm)
- Press base mixture into cake tins
- place into fridge for 10 mins
- Prepare filling by putting all ingredients into a blender and blend till smooth. Mixture should be combined like a smooth thickshake consistency.
- Test for taste, adjust by either adding more figs or salt. This mixture should be balanced between salty and sweet. You may also need to add a bit more coconut milk to make it smooth as mixture can be quite thick.
- Place into freezer for overnight
Salted Caramel Sauce
- Combine the coconut milk, coconut sugar and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil (keeping a close eye on it, as it can quickly boil over), then immediately lower the temperature, keeping the sauce at a light simmer.
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. As the sauce reaches the last 5-8 minutes of cooking time, stir more frequently to incorporate the darker caramel bits from the bottom into the sauce.
- Once the sauce has turned a dark amber and has thickened to coat the back of a spoon, remove from the heat and stir in the coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Allow to cool.
Make mini chocolate eggs by rolling your almonds in melted chocolate, then dust with flavoured freeze-dried powders
Take torte out of freezer and allow to defrost this should take 10 minutes
To decorate top your torte with caramel sauce, slices of figs and chocolate eggs scattered amongst the figs, also a sprinkle of maldon finishing salt for taste.
Serve with extra caramel sauce on the side