This slice is perfect for when you desire a treat, but don't want all the sugar. It's slightly tart with just a hint of sweetness and deliciously satisfying. We all know jam is full of sugar but it needs the sugar to set. With this chia jam, it has no added sugar, the chia seeds form a jelly-like texture that 'sets' the raspberries, with a consistency similar to jam.
This recipe is super easy to make and promises to satisfy your sweet tooth minus all the sugar.
- 1 x pack of Clean Mixes Choc Raspberry Mix
- 3T Coconut Oil
- 3T Rice Syrup
- 2 cups thawed or fresh raspberries
- 3T Chia Seeds
- 2T water
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cups slivered almonds
1. Make Clean Mixes pack according to instructions on packet. Instead of rolling into bliss balls, press into a lined tray approx. 16cm x 25cm.
2. Make the chia jam by mashing the raspberries, then add the chia seeds, water and vanilla. Mix to combine.
3. Spoon the chia jam over your base, then sprinkle with coconut and slivered almonds.
4. Place in the fridge for at least an hour to allow the chia seeds to absorb moisture and 'set' like jam.
5. Tuck in!